Park Rangers take crucial victory over Snapping Turtles
KOKOMO, Ind.- The Academy Park Rangers earned a huge win on Sunday night over the league-leading Pro X Pace Snapping Turtles at Championship Park in Kokomo.
With the victory, the Park Rangers move to 14-11-1 while the Snapping Turtles fall to 17-9.
- In the fifth inning, the Park Rangers got hits from INF Cameron French (Southwestern Oklahoma State) and OF Gabe Wright (State College of Florida) before OF Peyton Henry (John A. Logan) recorded a bases-clearing triple to take a 3-0 lead.
- INF Anthony Fornero (Lakeland College) followed up that with an RBI-groundout to the third baseman to extend the Park Ranger lead to four runs.
- With the bases loaded in the top of the sixth inning, RHP Drew Conn (Grand View) forced a flyout and a groundout to keep the Snapping Turtles off the board.
- After giving up a run, Drew Conn fanned the Snapping Turtles leadoff hitter to cap off an absolute gem on the mound.
- Drew Conn (3-2) served up a great outing for a shorthanded Park Rangers team. He went seven innings while striking out five and giving up just one run. It was his fifth straight start being involved in the decision.
- Henry’s three-run triple was all the offense the Park Rangers needed on Sunday night.
- The Park Rangers are back in action on Monday night for a matchup with the Edge Rock Local Legends starting at 7:05 p.m.