The Legends Finish Off the Moon Shots in Seven
The Legends took their third win in a row, beating the Moon Shots 10-0 Sunday night. The Legends were able to finish off the game with a walk off after scoring six runs in the bottom of the seventh. Adam Hutchison started on the mound for the Legends claiming ten strikeouts in the six innings he pitched. Hutchison only allowed four hits and did not give up any runs.
- The Legends started off quickly scoring two in the first inning. Jack Firestone doubled, scoring Mitchell Gumbko, while Keaton Rice advanced to third.
- Drew Dillon hit a sac fly to score Rice, giving the Legends a 2-0 lead.
- The Legends stuck again in the fourth. Nate Bingman and Malik Wirges scored off a single by Cade Nelis.
- After a couple quiet innings, the Legends came through strong in the seventh. A single by Firestone scored Nelis for Firestone’s second RBI of the game.
- Jaxson Simmerman walked with the bases loaded, scoring Gumbko.
- Rice scored on a fly out by Dillon.
- Mark Goudy doubled, scoring Firestone and Simmerman.
- With the bases loaded, Cooper Miles walked, scoring Wirges and giving the Legends the win 10-0.
- This is the Legends third win in a row keeping them in fifth place in the College Summer League.
Coach Morey’s Thoughts:
“Adam Hutchison did a great job on the mound pitching through some inconsistencies early in the game and then calmed in and threw six strong innings. Nic Besecker followed behind him, got it cleaned. We’re not swinging at balls out of the zone and forcing guys to beat us and when we do that we’re pretty potent at the plate.”
The 13-14 Local Legends look to take on the 14-11-1 Park Rangers Monday, July 19 at Grand Park. The Park Rangers won their last outing 4-1 on Sunday, July 18 against the Snapping Turtles.