No. 5 Local Legends top No. 4 Bomb Squad in the First Round of the Playoffs
The Local Legends came out on top beating the Bomb Squad 6-5 in the opening round of the College Summer League Playoffs. Nate Dohm started out strong on the mound claiming six strikeouts in the first four innings. Jack Firestone stepped up like he has all year batting in two runs with a double to center field in the top of the third inning. The game started off to a hot start with runs scored in the first three innings before the last four innings were long and quiet.
- Jaxson Simmerman was the first to score, running home on a wild pitch by the Bomb Squad.
- The Bomb Squad answered in the bottom of the second, taking the lead 2-1.
- The Legends five came back in the third, scoring five runs. Firestone hit a double to center field, scoring Cade Nelis and Jaxson Simmerman.
- Firestone was able to steal third base and a walk by Jackson Adams loaded the bases. Malik Wirges walked, scoring Firestone.
- Nate Bingman hit a sac fly to right field, scoring Adams to bring the score 5-2.
- Drew Dillon scored the last run off an error by the Bomb Squad’s second baseman.
- The Bomb Squad answered in the bottom of the third, but were only able to score one.
- After a quiet fourth inning, the Bomb Squad struck again in the bottom of the fifth, putting them one run behind the Local Legends.
- Adam Hutchison came in for the last four innings, claiming three strikeouts. Hutchison did not allow any hits, giving the Legends the win 6-5.
The No. 5 Local Legends advance to the semifinal game against the No. 1 Snapping Turtles, who just beat the Turf Monsters 9-6. The semifinal game will be played on D1 at Grand Park at 7:30 PM following the No. 3 Bag Bandits and No. 7 Tropics game.