The Local Legends Top The Bag Bandits in a Back and Forth Game
The Local Legends beat the Bag Bandits 8-5 in their second game of the day, after beating the Snapping Turtles. Read about that game here. The Bag Bandits came out hot scoring two in the first inning, but the Legends were able to answer and earn the win.
- The Legends took a couple innings to find their groove, but were able to put points on the board in the third when Nate Bingman scored off of a fly out by Keaton Rice.
- In the bottom of the fourth, a single by Mark Goudy scored Malik Wirges, tying the game 2-2.
- Cooper Miles stepped up to bat with the bases loaded and hit a double to right field, scoring Karter Hann and Mark Goudy.
- The Bandits answered with three of their own runs in the fifth, putting them up 5-4.
- The Legends took back the lead in the seventh inning when Drew Willon walked with the bases loaded, scoring Jaxson Simmerman.
- Karter Hann hit a single with the bases loaded, scoring Keaton Rice.
- The Legends extended their lead in the eighth when Simmerman doubled, scoring Miles with Cade Nelis advancing to third.
- Rice hit a sac fly to center field, scoring Nelis to bring the score to 8-5.
- Alex Voss pitched the last four innings of the game without giving up a run and claiming five strikeouts.
“When we play clean baseball we’re a pretty good team and we did that the whole time. When we are able to make contact with runners in scoring position, throw strikes, it becomes a really good, easy game to win.”
The Local Legends will be back on Sunday, July 18 to take on the Moon Shots at Championship Park in Kokomo. The Moon Shots are 11-14, one place behind the Legends in the College Summer League standings. The Moon Shots beat the Turf Monsters 3-0 in their last outing.