The Local Legends Take Game Two Against the Snapping Turtles
The Local Legends were able to take down the College Summer League leaders 11-7 in a rainy game. The first three and a half innings were played on Monday, July 12 before the game had to be postponed due to rain. The seven inning game was finished Tuesday, July 13.
Jack Firestone hit a bomb 480 feet over the fence for his second home run of the day after hitting one in the first game against the Snapping Turtles. Firestone had a standout game with a .750 batting average and three RBIs.
- The Local Legends started off to a hot start with Cade Nelis leading off with a double. Nelis scored when Keaton Rice grounded out.
- The Snapping Turtles answered in the bottom of the second tying the game 1-1.
- In the top of the third Nelis doubled and advanced to third on a single by Cameron Lee. Nelis scored on a wild pitch with Firestone at bat.
- Firestone hit a homerun over the fence, scoring Lee, which put the Legends ahead 4-1.
- Halfway through the top of the fourth inning, the game had to be postponed due to rain. Tuesday Cooper Miles stepped up to bat with two outs and walked. Miles scored off a wild pitch followed by Nelis who was able to steal home.
- Keaton Rice doubled, scoring Malik Wirges, extending the Legends lead to 9-1.
- The Turtles answered in the bottom of the fourth making the score 9-7.
- The Legends were able to score some insurance runs in the fifth Drew Dillon tripled, scoring Jackson Adams.
- Dillon scored on a ground out by Nate Bingman.
- The Legends were able to hold onto their lead in the last two innings to take down the league leaders 11-7.
The Local Legends took on the Bag Bandits after their game against the Turtles. Click here to see that story.
The Local Legends will be back on Sunday, July 18 to take on the Moon Shots at Championship Park in Kokomo. The Moon Shots are 11-14, one place behind the Legends in the College Summer League standings. The Moon Shots beat the Turf Monsters 3-0 in their last outing.