The Local Legends Capitalize on the Moon Shots Errors to win 7-6
The Legends started out strong on defense with Adam Hutchison starting on the mound. Hutchison only allowed two hits in the five innings he pitched. Hutchison collected nine strikeouts with three walks.
- After a slow start for both teams, Karter Hann tripled in the bottom of the third. Cooper Miles grounded out to the shortstop, scoring Hann to put the Legends on the board.
- In the bottom of the fourth, Malik Wirges doubled, scoring Jaxson Simmerman.
- On a fielder’s choice Wirges was out at third, leaving Mitchell Gumbko and Nate Bingman still on base. Gumbko scored off of a single by Hann.
- Miles singled, scoring Bingman.
- Cameron Lee walked with the bases loaded, scoring Hann.
- The Moon Shots got on the board when Stadler doubled, scoring Reed.
- The Legends answered in the seventh when the Moon Shots errored and Keaton Rice scored, which brought the score to 6-1.
- The Moonshots rallied in the top of the eighth to tie the game 6-6.
- In the bottom of the ninth, Miles and Cade Nelis both walked. Miles advanced to third off of a fly out by Lee. Miles scored off of a wild pitch to win the game for the Legends 7-6.
The 10-13 Local Legends will take on the Snapping Turtles in a double header Monday, July 12.
The Turtles blew out the Park Rangers last night, winning 11-1. The Turtles lead the league with a record of 15-7.